Westin Hotels smoke free policy is based on feedback from their guests, industry research and customer data that confirms a clear consumer demand for a healthy, smoke-free hotel environment.
Westin Hotels & Resorts offers our guests the services, products and amenities that rejuvenate, renew and restore their mind, body and spirit. This core philosophy touches everything we do and includes providing a comfortable, clean and healthy environment for our guests. Our smoke free policy is based on feedback from our guests, industry research and customer data.
Breathe Westin Facts
Westin’s own customer data and industry research confirms a clear consumer demand for a healthy, smoke-free hotel environment.
- 92% of Westin’s guests request a non-smoking room when traveling and do not smoke in any part of the hotel, including public areas.
- 88% of consumers think businesses need to take steps to provide customers with healthier environments and 86% feel that creating non-smoking environments is an important step toward a healthier environment.
- 80% of consumers prefer when restaurants and other indoor public spaces are free of cigarette and cigar smoke.
- 81% of consumers hate when they stay in a non-smoking room and it smells like smoke.
Westin is the first smoke-free upper upscale major hotel brand because it’s what our guests want.
- Our consumer and guest data support Westin going smoke free. 92% of our guests do not smoke in any part of the hotel during their stay.
- One of Westin’s core goals is to provide a comfortable, clean and healthy environment for our guests.
- Our research leads us to believe that the overwhelming majority of our guests will welcome this as a positive step forward.
Westin is renowned as an industry leader and innovator and we hope others in the industry praise our new policy and follow our lead.
- Westin is committed to offering our guests a healthy retreat from the rigors of the road and the best services and accommodations possible, so it just makes sense to offer them the healthiest, cleanest environment possible where they can relax, renew and refresh.
- Westin’s new brand positioning is centered around renewal and moving forward will be the driving force behind everything we do. Our philosophy is to offer a spectrum of products, services and personal touches that will make our guests feel better than they did when they arrived.
- From our Heavenly Bed to our smoke free policy our goal is to find new and exciting ways to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
* There are designated outdoor smoking areas and this policy
only applies to areas that are owned and operated by Westin-3rd party sites,
such as bars, restaurants, stores may or may not be smoke free
Endorsed by: American Legacy Foundation, American Hotel &
Lodging Assn. and Canadian Medical Assn.