Alternative Research Initiative
Mapping status of harm reduction products framework in Pakistan. 89,400
then on 10/26/2018 bridging grant 31,400
and on 12/12/208. 164,560
KAP study on HRP users and barriers to smoking cessation and HRP use in marginalized communities (pages 30/31)
on page 49 (A15) the amount paid during the year. is 161,780
and on page 55 (A16). amount to be paid (future payment) . 123,420
in 2019, A9 123,420 and paid 103,817. but A14 123,420
Manages Pakistan Alliance for Nicotine and Tobacco Harm Reduction (PANTHR) for which they have received a grant in February 2020 (amount not disclosed as usual) nor the link in the FSFW database (not updated).
Not to be confused with Alternative Media Research, funded by Bloomberg
See below a job offer (notice the salary paid)
Posted Mar 27, 2020 1841 views
Alternative Research Initiative, established in 2018, is an initiative aimed at filling gaps in adequate research and documentation of issues such as current situation/status of Pakistan’s Harm Reduction Products Framework and research gaps in policy areas.
ARI is looking for a suitable candidate (preferably female) to fill a project based position (9 months). The project aims to engage and sensitize stakeholders (government, media, lawyers, doctors, smokers and general public) on Safer Nicotine Delivery Systems (SNDs). The project will build a momentum – to include smokers’ concerns in tobacco control efforts - before the WHO Framework Convention for Tobacco Control (FCTC) 9th Conference of Parties scheduled to take place in November 2020.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Manage social media campaign on harm reduction.
· Manage a network of international partners working on harm reduction.
· Prepare blogs, press briefings and other relevant material to be shared with the stakeholders.
· Do desk research about different laws on smoking cessation and tobacco harm reduction.
· Have strong knowledge of social media management including search engine optimization, setting up and managing social media accounts, launching social media live events (Facebook live, Instagram TV etc.).
· Have experience in managing country/regional level networks.
· Good command on English and experience in preparing documents (including project reports, briefing papers, concept papers).
· Master degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or any other relevant discipline